What you can do yourself! Monique’s top 10 tips on preparing your home for sale!
1. Declutter and remove any items of personal nature such as family photos & sporting memorabilia by doing so you allow potential purchasers to envision their belongings in the space!
2. Remove oversized and bulky furniture. Furniture that is too big will make your space feel overcrowded and small
3. Replace the drapes! If your curtains or blinds are a bit tired and heavy replace with neutral non patterned designs or sheers to brighten your spaces
4. Invite your guests in with an inviting entry! By adding a side- board with some fresh flowers, a candle and a mirror to bounce the light around your buyers will feel welcome the minute they enter setting the mood for the entire inspection!
5. Neutral is the new black! Paint out those coloured feature walls! Whilst I love turquoise it’s not every ones cup of tea – buyers often find they are putting such jobs on the ‘to do’ list. We aim to minimise that list!
6. Warm it up! Don’t be afraid to use rugs – the right rug in the master bedroom or loungeroom will add warmth and texture. I tend to stick with beiges and greys!
7. Don’t forget the street scape! The first drive-by by a potential buyer is the most important one! Pressure wash the roof, driveway and any areas that need attention, keep the lawns and gardens manicured and tidy. Add some fresh bark or mulch to for the finishing touch.
8. About that letterbox! Make sure your buyers can find your property! Replace the numbers, make sure they match! Give her a new lick of paint so your home stands proud!
9. In the bathroom baby – take it all away… now put back the soap dispenser, add some greenery, a small vase with something from your garden and some matching fluffy white towels. Don’t forget to hide the toilet brush!!!
10. What’s that smell? If you have fur babies deodorize your home and furniture! Invest in some room spray or plug in the wall diffusers!